Sudan Wind Energy Project (WEP)
In 2019, RCREEE joined forces with UNDP to support Sudan’s efforts to accelerate its energy transition. The project aims mainly at formulating a long-term renewable energy plan and strengthening the role of private sector in renewables.
Under the project, RCREEE works very closely with the Ministry of Water Resources, Irrigation and Electricity (MWRIE) formulating Sudan’s long-term renewable energy policy and regulations. Besides, RCREEE is paying a special attention on identifying, mapping and developing secondary legislation relevant to renewable energy for catalyzing private sector investment.
- Formulation of Sudan long-term renewable energy policy and regulations.
- Development of secondary legislation relevant to wind energy for catalyzing private sector investment.
- Establishment of “one-stop shop” (OSS) for renewable energy investors and developers.
- Three dissemination workshops
- Sustainable Energy Policies and Technical Support
- Energy Market Research and Knowledge Management
- Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Private Sector Promotion
- Sustainable Energy Finance and Investment Promotion
- Environmental & Socio-Economic Analysis & Support
- Certification & Standardization Services
- Capacity & Human Development