National Energy Efficiency Action Plans (NEEAP) End Use Electrical EE Guidelines
The National Energy Efficiency Action Plan (NEEAP) is a strategic national plan framework that helps Arab countries to apply energy efficiency targets. Since the initiative inception in 2010, RCREEE has been a main enabler to help its member states to apply this vision. The aim of this guideline is to foster and improve electricity efficiency and consumption rationalization at end users in Arab states. RCREEE was also mandated by the Arab Ministerial Council of Electricity for monitoring the progress of NEEAPs as well as publishing annual reports.
The guideline suggests indicative targets, mechanisms, incentives, institutional frameworks, and financial and legal measures required to remove the barriers and flaws in national markets. It also advises appropriate conditions for the energy services market development and promotion targeting electricity end-users.
Notably, NEEAP initiative was a result of the cooperation between the energy department at the League of Arab States (LAS), the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE), and the EU-funded regional projects: MED-EMIP and MED-ENEC.
- RCREEE conducts various regional and national workshops and capacity development activities to reinforce member states knowledge on using and implementing the guidelines and share countries’ success stories and best practices.
- By 2019, RCREEE has supported 17 Arab countries in the adoption and implementation of their NEEAP.
- RCREEE participated in the design and adoption of the second Egyptian NEEAP for the period 2018-2022.
- Sustainable Energy Policies and Technical Support
- Energy Market Research and Knowledge Management
- Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Private Sector Promotion
- Sustainable Energy Finance and Investment Promotion
- Environmental & Socio-Economic Analysis & Support
- Certification & Standardization Services
- Capacity & Human Development