Energy Assessment Services – Green for Growth Fund in Bank Du Caire
In 2018, Green for Growth Fund (GGF) has established partnership with Banque du Caire (BdC) by providing USD 10 million as a credit line to finance EE and RE projects. The ultimate goal of the project is to achieve a minimum 20% reduction in energy consumption and/or a minimum 20% reduction in CO2 emissions.
As the national “Green Consultant”, RCREEE provides technical service and energy assessment in order to verify and report the primary energy savings and CO2 emission reduction levels of those projects, check whether a proposed project meets the requirements for the energy savings and/or CO2 emission reductions, and conduct a training for BdCs credit officers on different types of EAs based on GGF classifications
The project has a great impact on the Egyptian energy market as it facilitates the implementation of green and sustainable measures. Additionally, it supports green job creation and accordingly generates a positive socio-economic impact.
- Four Energy Assessment Reports
- Quarterly reports to the GGF TAF, listing all services / Energy Assessments conducted during the previous quarter and on assessments in the pipeline
- Sustainable Energy Policies and Technical Support
- Energy Market Research and Knowledge Management
- Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Private Sector Promotion
- Sustainable Energy Finance and Investment Promotion
- Environmental & Socio-Economic Analysis & Support
- Certification & Standardization Services
- Capacity & Human Development