Diesel to Solar (D2S) Initiative
RCREEE and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) have initiated the Diesel to Solar (D2S) initiative which enables the regional transition towards sustainable energy and helps address climate change issues in the Arab region. It encourages private investors to reduce diesel consumption by integrating solar PV technology into existing diesel-based systems. D2S Initiative is part of RCREEE’s ongoing efforts to enable private investments in sustainable energy solutions in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). This market-friendly initiative will bring private and public sectors together to overcome barriers to the rapid deployment of solar technologies and to replace inefficient, carbon emitting diesel generators.
The D2S initiative includes conducting a regional market assessment to identify opportunities and challenges, identifying and designing profitable business models, forming public-private partnerships and conducting pilot projects, and finally identifying and disseminating best business models and practices to repeat success.
- Identified regional and international investment opportunities
- Open new communication channels between private and public sectors
- Reduce pollution and climate change
- Sustainable Energy Policies and Technical Support
- Energy Market Research and Knowledge Management
- Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Private Sector Promotion
- Sustainable Energy Finance and Investment Promotion
- Environmental & Socio-Economic Analysis & Support
- Certification & Standardization Services
- Capacity & Human Development