Webinar on "Socio Economic Benefits Of Renewables Energies In The Context Of Energy Transitions"
Renewable energy has become the alternative energy source to replace fossil fuels. Properly implemented renewable energy technologies not only are able to reduce the negative impacts of climate change, but also contribute to social and economic development, energy accessibility, and more secure energy supply. Nowadays, several countries in the Arab region are among the global frontrunners in clean energy deployment. These countries recognize the socio-economic benefits of renewable energy deployment, which is perceived as an opportunity for economic diversification, new value-chain activities, and technology transfer.
In this context, the EU-GCC Clean Energy Technology Network and the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) are organizing a virtual workshop on the socio-economic benefits of clean energy technologies. The aim of the meeting is to exchange relevant best practices, information and lessons learned and advance regional initiatives on the socio-economic benefits of renewables energies in the context of energy transitions. In addition, it will discuss the challenges that the Arab region is facing and what can be done to transform them in business and economic opportunities. This online event will bring together policy makers, technology leaders, regulators, government representatives and experts to debate the key challenges and opportunities in the clean energy arena by examining; policies and regulations, technology advancement and current business models that could enable socio economic benefits and value addition.
We have the honor of welcoming a diverse panel of speakers including:
- Dr. Mustapha Taoumi, Clean Energy Key Expert, EU GCC Clean Energy Technology Network
- Dr. Maged K. Mahmoud, Acting Executive Director, Lead RE Expert, RCREEE
- Arslan Khalid, Independent Consultant, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Dr. Ulrike Lehr, The Institute of Economic Structures Research (GWS), Germany
- Mr. Fethi Hanchi, General Director of ANME, Tunisia
- Dr. Osamah Alsayegh, Executive Director, Energy & Building Research Center, Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research
- Eng. Sara Ibrahim Elhag, Head of Unit|SE Projects’ Implemetation & Private Investment Promotion, RCREEE
- Ridah Sabouni, Managing Director, MENA, Energetics
For more details and to register, please use this link: https://www.eugcc-cleanergy.net/node/1452