WESET Dissemination Webinars: Wind Energy State of Play and Prospects in Egypt
Under WESET Project, RCREEE is hosting WESET Dissemination Webinar to take a closer look at some of the most important developments in the wind energy sector in Egypt as well as the future prospects. The webinar is scheduled to take place on June 29, 2020 at 11 AM – 12:30 PM Cairo local Time (check your local time).
It will highlight the relevance of the WESET project outcomes to the current and future developments, with a special focus on the Course Modules created to introduce Wind Engineering in Higher Education Institutions from Egypt and Tunisia as well as the three Wind Engineering Centers established at ASU-FE, AASTMT and BUE to support the development of Wind Engineering in Egypt at academy, industry and official levels.
WESET Project is supported by the Erasmus + Programme Key Action 2 Capacity Building in Higher Education; CBHE. The project helps reducing the lack of skilled engineers in wind engineering in Egypt and Tunisia, which hinders the use of wind as a reliable, cost-effective and pollution-free source of energy. It follows the priorities identified in 'Increasing the impact of EU Development Policy: an Agenda for Change' and 'European Higher Education in the World'.
This WESET Dissemination Webinar is organized by the Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) in collaboration with the project national partners including New and Renewable Energy Authority (NREA), Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport (AASTMT), Ain Shams University, Faculty of Engineering (ASU-FE), and The British University in Egypt (BUE).
The webinar will tackle a number of topics including:
- Egypt’s Renewable Energy Strategic Objectives
- Wind energy in Egypt: potential, status and future prospects
- Jobs and skills needed to support wind energy development in Egypt
- The role of academic institutions in addressing wind energy sector challenges and needs
- Highlights of WESET Course Modules created to introduce wind engineering on academic level
- The facilities and services provided by the Wind Engineering Centres established at ASU-FE, AASTMT and BUE
Meet our speakers:
- Eng. Madiha Abdel Azim, Head of Technical Affairs Sector, New & Renewable Energy Authority
- Professor Yasser Gaber Dessouky, Dean of Scientific Research and Innovation, Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport
- Professor Ahmed El Baz, Mechanical Engineering Department, British University in Egypt
- Assistant Professor, Amr Elbanhawy, MEA regional chairman – ImechE, Ain Shams University
- Moderator: Dr. Maged K. Mahmoud, Technical Director, Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE)
Join us for a discussion about the current state of play in wind energy in Egypt and the academic support provided through the EC Funded Project “Wind Engineering Skills in Egypt and Tunisia” and hear directly from wind energy practitioners in the national renewable energy authority and academia.
Limited places are available. To register, please use this link https://rcreee.org/content/webinar-registration
The webinar will be held in English &Arabic (translation is not available)
For more information about WESET: www.weset-project.eu
**Disclaimer: The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.