Lead Banking Expert - GEFF Project
Egypt Green Economy Finance Facility (GEFF) Project
Lead Banking Expert
Egypt GEFF is a EUR 140-million credit line dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy investments in Egypt. It was developed by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and managed by a consortium of MWH, the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) and North South Consultants Exchange (NSCE). The overall objective of this assignment is to ensure a successful and efficient implementation of the Egypt GEFF Project throughout its phases using the Key Learnings of pilot EgyptSEFF and working closely with the Participating Banks and other stakeholders (as appropriate).
Objectives, tasks and responsibilities
1.Relation Manager of Participating Financial Institutions (PFI)
- Manages the overall relation with the PFIs
- Responsible for Egypt GEFF communication with the PFI
- Supports PFI in developing their action plans
- Ensures implementation of the action plan to the satisfaction of the EBRD and the PFIs
- Leads training activities to PFIs and contributes to training led by other team members
- Ensures the delivery of social and environmental training to the PFIs
- Ensures successful completion of the project cycle
- Conduct visits to the potential beneficiaries
- Design, deliver and evaluate training to the PFI together with Egypt GEFF team.
- Agree with PFI Borrower representative on a training schedule for "champion" branches.
- Discusses and designs an incentive program with the PFI, if needed
- Ensures the dissemination of knowledge about the facility in the head office, regional and branches of the PFI
- Contributes to generic marketing activities of the Egypt GEFF project serving as liason between the marketing department of each PFI and GEFF marketing.
- Discusses and agrees together with the Lead Marketing Expert and PFIs on specific marketing activities
- Facilitates site visits for Egypt GEFF engineers, works with them and reviews technical assessments from the financial analysis point of view.
- Participate in events prepared by the business development and external marketing expert
- Regularly follow up and liaise with trained RM managers in “champion” branches to identify potential projects and assist the RM in the project origination process. To be effective, the expert will spend at least two full day per week at the PFI.
- Conduct preliminary and follow up meetings with Egypt GEFF applicants and their PFI RMs in order to accompany and advice the potential project to disbursement. The expert will fully document these meetings using the customer entry form, and agree with the potential client and respective RM on follow-up actions to move the project forward
- Coordinate with the Marketing Lead on direct marketing, training and outreach events to target PFI and non- PFI clients
2. Managerial Responsibilities
- Coach and coordinate activities of other bank relationship managers
- Ultimately responsible for developing good working relations and communication with the PFIs
3. Pipeline/Portfolio Files
- Originates and maintains an active pipeline of Fast Track and Assisted projects to be financed through Egypt GEFF. Regularly review PFI's client base to identify potential sub-borrowers
- Maintains the pipeline/portfolio files, with assistant from the Project Assistant of Egypt GEFF, to be accessible/available for review at the SharePoint and to enable proper tracking and analysis.
- Ensures that the pipeline/portfolio files are well maintained by educating and discussing with the relevant data providers (the PFI or the Engineering team) the importance of having accurate, complete, timely, and full and updated data. The information in the pipeline will be coordinated with the PFIs to avoid duplicity of information, conflict, inaccurate or changed data.
- Reviews weekly the pipeline with the PFI representative to get an update on the status of the projects in the pipeline and track their progress toward disbursement
4. Egypt GEFF Reporting
- Contributes to the Monthly and Quarterly Reports to EBRD with section covering pipeline status and development, participating bank relations, bank officer training activities and any other bank activities or relevant development
- The expert will provide briefs on the meeting conducted with the PFIs borrowers’ representative, other PFI personnel or their clients
- Provides monthly and quarterly reports to the Team Leader about general macro-economic news in Egypt (e.g. changes in interest rates), meetings with PFI and intelligence about similar credit lines in Egypt.
1. Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in banking, finance, economics and financial institutions
- Engineering degree is not mandatory but would be an advantage
- Advanced degree in finance, banking, economic or relevant discipline
- Proven experience with cash-flow based lending analysis (project finance analysis)
- Ability to build successful relationships with stakeholders and financial institutions
- Excellent communications, negotiations and interpersonal skills
- Clear and effective communication that builds relationships in order to mediate common interests.
- Ability to deliver trainings
- Fluency in Arabic and English
How to Apply
RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply please send the following to [email protected] with “Lead Banking Expert” as a subject line:
- Detailed CV
- Cover letter highlighting relevant work experience
Deadline: 10 April 2020
Emails without a subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.