"Expert : Arab Electricity Interconnection and Establishment of Pan-Arab Electricity Market at Energy Department- League of Arab States”
Today, the Energy Department at League of Arab States (LAS) lists Arab electrical interconnection and the establishment of an-Arab Electricity market projects on top of its activities and priorities. This result from the profound impact of these projects in achieving LAS goals and obligations in terms of reducing carbon emissions, increasing the contribution of renewable energies, and ensuring secure, affordable and sustainable electricity sources to all customers.
Notably, investments in regional electricity generating facilities can significantly reduce costs, increase renewable energies contribution in the Arab energy mix and increase generation and transmission efficiency of power systems . Besides, it will support the stability of electrical networks of all Arab countries, especially those with high penetration rates of renewable energy sources.
Under the framework of GiZ funded project “ Policy dialogue and knowledge management on low emission development strategies in the MENA region “ which supports LAS and its technical body, the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE), in implementing the Pan Arab Sustainable Energy Strategy, RCREEE calls for qualified candidates” to support LAS activities in the Electrical field as follows
- Tasks and responsibilities
Selected Expert will support Energy Department at the League of Arab States in the following tasks
- Assist in preparing the terms of reference and bidding documents for various technical projects as required.
- Prepare and review technical reports of the Arab Electricity Interconnection and Establishment of Pan-Arab Electricity Market
- Assist in preparing and reviewing network operating rules of the Pan Arab Electricity Market
- Develop and formulate technical recommendations for Arab Electricity Interconnection and Establishment of Pan-Arab Electricity Market
- Contribute to preparing governance related documents for the establishment of Pan-Arab Electricity Market
- Coordinate with regional and international partners to develop the institutional framework for the establishment of Pan-Arab Electricity Market
- Conduct required preparations for the Arab Ministerial Meetings and electricity experts committee meetings
- Prepare minutes of meetings and reports of the Arab Ministerial Meeting for Electricity and formulate the meeting’s final recommendations
- Coordinate with member states regarding the development and establishment of the A Pan-Arab Electricity Market
- Participate in regional and international conferences to present Energy Department at League of Arab States various activities and projects
- Requirements and experiences
- 15 years + of experience in engineering
- Experience with preparation of high quality technical reports (i.e. clear, objective and dependent on comprehensive data)
- Adequate knowledge of the developments related to the establishment of Pan-Arab Electricity Market
- Fluency in Arabic and English languages
- Experience in team management is highly desirable.
- A proven working history with regional and international stakeholders in relevant fields.
- Works in teams and communicate effectively with colleagues
- Knowledge of laws and legislations related to the energy sector.
- General conditions
Selected expert will be working at the headquarters of the League of Arab States in Cairo, Egypt.
- Nine months, which can be extended according to budget availability and performance
- How to Apply
Interested consultants must submit the below to [email protected] by Wednesday, March 25th 2020 at 13:00 (Cairo Time):
- Updated CV
- Reference Letter(s)
Email Subject: Expert in Electric field- Energy Department
- RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Emails without subject line will be automatically discarded
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted