Industrial Energy Efficiency fund (IEEF)
RCREEE has been contracted to act as a Fund Manager for the Industrial Energy Efficiency Fund under the project “Establishment of an industrial energy efficiency fund (IEEF) in Egypt” for 28 Months (09/2018 – 31/ 01/2021). The project is implemented in cooperation with the Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency (EEAA) and with the financial support of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO).
The IEEF is a financial instrument that supports the delivery of technical services for the industrial energy efficiency in Egypt through an Energy Management Assistance (EnMA) Service. The EnMA Service is delivered by experts certified by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO).
The beneficiaries of the project are the private and public companies in Egypt.
The Energy Management Assistance (EnMA) Service service aims to identify and assess measures for industrial facilities to improve their energy performance and consequently enhance their competitiveness and reduce their environmental footprint.
This can be achieved through
- A subsidized technical assistance;
- Support for the implementation of an energy management system (in-line with ISO 50001) and through energy audits when needed (in-line with ISO 50002);
- Facilitation of access to finance.
- Delivery of Energy Management Assistance (EnMA) services to up to 33 industries in Egypt.
Impact of the project
- Improved industrial energy efficiency of public and private companies in Egypt
- Increased awareness on energy efficiency and energy conservation for industries
- Reduced the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions of industries
IEEF team : IEEFfirstname.lastname@example.org