Strategic Business Partnership Senior Specialist
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Contract: One year with a 3-months’ probation period
Application Deadline: 31 December 2017
Application Submission: Qualified candidates please send CV and a motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1-Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop partnerships (core focus on Climate Finance) through concept notes, strategy road maps for action and/or participating in relevant calls/meetings
- Perform regular check-ups of business opportunities/calls for tenders in partner portals (World Bank, EU, EBRD, etc.)
- Support project proposal development, design and coordination
- Innovatively work the Executive Director on developing strategic partnerships with the ultimate objectives of ensuring financial sustainability of RCREEE;
- Formulate key sections of grant proposals (such as the justification, strategy, activities, and logical frameworks).
- Carry our needed quick market surveys and business potentials for enhancing fit-for purpose RCREEEE business unique approach for strategic partnership
- Serve as the Focal point of RCREEE in partner networks/Agreements such as Green Climate Fund, Union for the Mediterranean and IRENA’s Coalition for Action
- Update records of existing partners’ status, including archiving contract details, stakeholders database, documents and ongoing activities in coordination with all departments
- Overview the work of the Planning Department interns
- Represent RCREEE in conferences, expanding network and identifying new partnerships and grant opportunities
- Identify and subscribe to relevant magazines and news portals (Renewable Now, Climate Action News, ESI Africa) tackling market development and business opportunities
· Ensure flow of communication on planning and development updates with all departments.
· Support Cost/Revenue analysis for existing and potential projects
· Prepare all status reports in coordination with all departments
· Prepare all required ad hoc reports
· Plan and schedule all internal planning activities
· Frequently travelling independently or with the Executive Director for strategic business missions along Pan Arab countries.
· Resolve all issues in planning procedures and analyze ongoing project activities to ensure progress and compliance with action plan, relevant laws, contracts or regulations.
In addition to other relevant tasks as advised by RCREEE Management.
- University degree in business management, international relations, international development or any other relevant field.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- 6 years of professional relevant experience, preferably in the energy field
- Demonstrated track record of writing project proposals.
- Experience and success taking initiative in developing business partnerships.
- Experience working in a similar organization in the fields of RE/EE is preferred.
Knowledge and skills:
- Fluency in Arabic and/or English (verbal and written). French is a plus.
- Excellent writing, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex arguments in simple terms
- Clear and effective communication that builds relationships in order to mediate common interests.
- Knowledge of development and project tendering processes, fundraising, and stakeholder engagement.
- Knowledge of renewable energy and energy efficiency sector.
- Advanced representation and negotiation skills.
- Conceptual and analytical skills.
- High level of computer proficiency (in particular Powerpoint and MS Word).
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation.
3- General terms and conditions
The initial appointment will be for one year with possibility of extension subject to business needs and availability of funding.
The Strategic Business Partnership Senior Specialist is required to work from RCREEE’s Cairo office on a full-time basis.
RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your detailed CV and motivation letter highlighting relevant work experienceto email@example.com no later than 31 December 2017.
Please indicate in Message Subject: Strategic Business Partnership Senior Specialist
Emails without a subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.