RCREEE calls for candidates for the position of "Accountant"
|Position: Accountant||Duration: 12 Months|
|Location: Cairo, Egypt||Deadline: 20 June|
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices in the Arab region. RCREEE teams with regional governments and global organizations collaborate to initiate and lead clean energy policy dialogues, strategies, technologies and capacity development in order to increase Arab states’ share of tomorrow’s energy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle bookkeeping and day-to-day financial transactions; insert the transactions in the IT system(s).
- Provide regular financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends when required.
- Handle cash box accounts for each donor and record their transactions in the system.
- Handle bank transactions (transfers, cash withdrawal, currency exchange)
- Design forecasts predicting the future and current financial obligations.
- Follow up on payments schedule (AP) with contractors and service providers
- Verify that invoices have been approved and paid according to the approval matrix.
- Prepare & assist in financial reporting.
- Assist in coordinating internal and external audits and report to the ED
- Assist the finance manager in developing plans and budgets.
- Perform other relevant tasks as required
Requirements and Competencies
- Degree in accounting, finance or relevant discipline
- 4+ years of professional experience within the development and not-for-profit sector, preferably in a similar organization
- Experience in bank relations
- Strong Accounting and Financial Reporting Skills
- Commitment to Confidentiality, presentation, Communications and Time Management skills
- Excellent command of MS-Office
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both oral and written
- Flexibility to adopt new challenges and responsibilities
- Ability to work within an international team and stressful environment
General Terms and Conditions
- The Candidate is required to work from RCREEE’s Cairo office.
Tenure of Appointment
- The initial appointment is for a duration of 12 months including a 3-month probation period
- Contract renewal will be subject to performance, needs and availability of funds.
- RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
- To apply please send CV and a cover letter highlighting relevant work experience to: email@example.com at the latest by June 20, 2019 with the subject line: " Accountant"
Emails without subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.