Communications & Marketing Intern
Position: Communications & Marketing Intern
Salary Range: 2000 – 3000 EGP
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Duration: 6 months
Deadline: 20 September 2018
Employment type: Internship
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices in the Arab region. RCREEE teams with regional governments and global organizations to initiate and lead clean energy policy dialogues, strategies, technologies and capacity development in order to increase Arab states’ share of tomorrow’s energy.
For information on RCREEE and its activities, please visit http://www.rcreee.org
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the social media strategy and manage its daily content
- Develop new marketing campaigns to increase RCREEE online visibility
- Write online content (e.g. news, press releases, events, stories and project updates)
- Review existing content and make suggestions
- Assist in the research, planning and creating of marketing campaigns
- Evaluate and research new marketing tools
- Support the dissemination of RCREEE monthly newsletter through searching for news, blogs, publications on Renewable Energy and Energy efficiency in the MENA region
- Updates RCREEE database ensuring that data is updated and appropriately segmented
- Contribute to issuing monthly media reports analytics system and report and recommends strategies to improve its performance
- Ensure that all collateral materials and publications on display or printed comply with RCREEE branding standards by collaborating with the Graphic Designer
- Respond daily to media and other related inquires
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in communications, marketing, advertising or any other relevant field.
- 0 - 2 years of professional experience
- Knowledge of marketing techniques
- Demonstrated track record of marketing and creative copywriting
- Background in website and content management is preferred
- Fluency in Arabic and English (verbal and written). French is a plus.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Creative copywriting skills in both Arabic and English
- High level of computer proficiency
- Ability to think creatively and generate new ideas
- Motivated self-starter who performs without appreciable direction and works effectively under competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Quick study with a keen attention to detail and a sense of urgency
General Terms and Conditions
The communications & Events intern is required to work from RCREEE’s Cairo office on a full-time basis
Tenure of Appointment
The initial appointment will be for 6 months
Contract renewal is subject to performance and availability of funding.
How to apply
To apply please send the following to email@example.com with “Communications & Marketing” as a subject line:
- Detailed CV
- Cover letter highlighting relevant work experience
Deadline: 20 September 2018
Emails without a subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.