Communications & Events Intern
Position: Communications & Events Intern
Salary Range: 2000 – 3000 EGP
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Duration: 6 months
Deadline: 10 June 2018
Employment type: Internship
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices in the Arab region. RCREEE teams with regional governments and global organizations to initiate and lead clean energy policy dialogues, strategies, technologies and capacity development in order to increase Arab states’ share of tomorrow’s energy.
For information on RCREEE and its activities, please visit http://www.rcreee.org
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the social media strategy and manage its daily content
- Come up with new marketing ideas and trends to maintain & increase RCREEE online visibility
- Design & implement specific campaigns (ex, for projects)
- Manage website content regularly by posting latest news, press releases, events, stories and project updates
- Ensure that all collateral materials and publications on display or printed comply with RCREEE branding standards by collaborating with the Graphic Designer
- Contribute to the creative writing and copyediting of RCREEE publications
- Updates RCREEE CRM database ensuring that data is updated and appropriately segmented
- Support the dissemination of RCREEE monthly newsletter through searching for news, blogs, publications on Renewable Energy and Energy efficiency in the MENA region
- Contribute to issuing monthly media reports analytics system and report and recommends strategies to improve its performance
- Respond daily to media and other related inquires
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager
Events Management Support
- Assist with the logistical arrangements from planning to execution of all events organized by RCREEE
- Handle post event documentation, invocing and communications.
- Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in communications, marketing, advertising or any other relevant field.
- 0 - 2 years of professional experience
- Knowledge of marketing techniques
- Demonstrated track record of marketing and creative copywriting
- Background in website and content management is preferred
- Fluency in Arabic and English (verbal and written). French is a plus.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Creative copywriting skills in both Arabic and English
- High level of computer proficiency
- Ability to think creatively and generate new ideas
- Ability to manage own time effectively
4- General Terms and Conditions
The communications & Events intern is required to work from RCREEE’s Cairo office on a full-time basis
Tenure of Appointment
The initial appointment will be for 6 months
Contract renewal is subject to performance and availability of funding.
How to apply
To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications & Events” as a subject line:
- Detailed CV
- Cover letter highlighting relevant work experience
Deadline: 10 June 2018
Emails without a subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.