Call for candidates to the position of TaqaWay Translation Intern (French)
|Position: TaqaWay Translation Intern (French)||Duration: 6 Months with posibility of extention|
|Location: Cairo, Egypt||Deadline: 9 May 2017|
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices in the Arab region. RCREEE teams with regional governments and global organizations to initiate and lead clean energy policy dialogues, strategies, technologies and capacity development in order to increase Arab states’ share of tomorrow’s energy.
For information on RCREEE and its activities, please visit http://www.rcreee.org
2- Objectives, tasks and responsibilities
The selected candidate will support the French translation of TaqaWay sustainable energy portal.
TaqaWay is a joint collaborative initiative between the League of Arab States (LAS) and the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE).
The selected candidate will work under the direct supervision of Taqaway Team on the following;
- Translate all website content from English to French
- Ensure quality control on all translations
- Uploads all translated content through the website information system back end.
- Manipulate excel files and templates regarding content.
- Ensure the standardization of back end contents to minimize display errors.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline
- Fluency in English and French (spoken and written) is a must
- Engineering background is required
- Previous experience in translation is a plus
- Familiarity with energy terms is a plus
- Proficiency in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and high level of computer proficiency.
- Writing, editing and terminology research skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team and multicultural environment
4- General terms and conditions
The initial appointment will be for 6 month with possibility of extension subject to business needs and availability of funding.
The translation intern is required to work from RCREEE’s Cairo office on a full-time basis.
RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your detailed CV and translation sample to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9 May 2017.
Please indicate in Message Subject: TaqaWay Translation Intern
Emails without a subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.