Call for candidates to the position of Sustainable Energy Specialist
|Position: Sustainable Energy Specialist||Location: Cairo, Egypt|
|Duration: 12 Months||Deadline: 31 August 2017|
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices in the Arab region. RCREEE teams with regional governments and global organizations to initiate and lead clean energy policy dialogues, strategies, technologies and capacity development in order to increase Arab states’ share of tomorrow’s energy.
For information on RCREEE and its activities, please visit http://www.rcreee.org
RCREEE is seeking a full-time sustainable energy specialist to join EBRD Green Economy Financing Facility (GEFF) engineering team.
More information about GEFF Egypt in: https://ebrdgeff.com/egypt/the-programme/the-facility/
In Egypt, GEFF provides finance and advice for private sector businesses to improve competitiveness, through high performance technologies and practices.
The facility supports Egypt’s green economy transition with €140 million of financing for energy efficiency and small-scale renewable energy investments.
Companies can request from banks participating in the facility:
- technical support to develop of a green investment project,
- the finance to implement it; and
- a grant for successful completion (see eligibility).
The Facility in Egypt is a product of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), working in cooperation with the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) and the European Investment Bank (EIB).
GEFF’s partnership with donors is central to promoting the green economy. Donors provide critical support to GEFF projects that mitigate or build resilience to the effects of climate change and other environmental threats. The Facility in Egypt is supported by the European Union Neighbourhood Investment Facility and the EBRD Shareholders Special Fund.
The technical support is provided by a local GEFF team for various stages of project origination, investment appraisal and project implementation. This helps identify the best solutions and ensure quality green economy projects are successfully financed.
This team is a consortium of MWH, the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) and North South Consultants Exchange (NSCE). The overall objective of this Assignment is to ensure a successful and efficient implementation of the Egypt GEFF Project throughout its phases using the Key Learnings of pilot EgyptSEFF and working closely with the Participating Banks and other stakeholders (as appropriate).
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Sustainable Energy Specialist will assist Beneficiaries and PFIs in identifying eligible project opportunities and assessing the technical and economic feasibility of the identified Sub-projects
- The Sustainable Energy Specialist will conduct site visit (as necessary) to support sub-projects evaluation activities and to identify additional sub-projects.
- The Sustainable Energy Specialist will conduct all necessary calculation and other engineering work to assess sub-projects’ eligibility for GEFF financing in accordance with the facility policy statement.
- The Sustainable Energy Specialist will prepare pre-assessment reports and will prepare more detailed assessment reports in cases where the sub-projects’ scope is of a larger and/or more complex nature
- The Sustainable Energy Specialist shall support marketing and PFIs capacity building if required.
- University degree in Engineering or other technical discipline
- Recognized track record in delivering consultancy/technical advice or contributing/supporting investment projects in renewable energy and/or industrial resource efficiency/captive energy consultancy assignments.
- Ability to evaluate preliminary financial feasibility of projects and opportunities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely for expert and non-expert audiences (verbal and written), including ability to communicate technical and financial aspects of EE&RE projects to diverse audiences.
- Proven track-record with the industrial sector will be considered as a strong advantage
- Fluency in Arabic and/or English (verbal and written)
- Excellent writing, public speaking and presentation skills
- Self-starter with strong organizational, and problem-solving skills, including ability to demonstrate the business case for improving energy and resource efficiency
- Results-oriented approach with demonstrated history of accomplishments
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills including client relationships
- High level of computer proficiency (in particular Excel and MS Word).
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation
General terms and conditions
Tenure of Appointment
The initial appointment will be for 12 Months including a 3 months’ probation period.
Contract renewal is subject to performance, business needs and availability of funding.
RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sustainable Energy Specialist” as a subject line:
- Detailed CV
- Cover letter highlighting relevant work experience
Deadline: August 31, 2017
Emails without a subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.