Call for candidates to “Expert of the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency division” at the Energy Department, Economic Sector at the League of Arab States
Position: RE and EE division Expert
Organisation: Energy Department, League of Arab States
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Field: Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
1- Job Description
The selected candidate will work as a part of the energy department at the General Secretariat of the Arab League (LAS). The energy department works to support and promote the development of the energy sector in the Arab region and increase Arab integration in the energy field in general, electrical and renewable energy and energy efficiency in particular.
This includes organizing, attending and participating in workshops and conferences aimed at disseminating knowledge and discussing key issues in the energy field.
In addition, the position helps applicants in develop their analytical skills and building knowledge in the energy sector, as well as the identification of key players regionally and internationally. It also assist them in developing contacts and building strong relationships with decision-makers and various organizations and institutions.
2- Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Renewable Energy Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Energy Management or a relevant discipline
- 7+ years of experience in the Energy field and 4+ years of experience in Energy Policies
- Ability to proficiently write memos, letters, and studies in Arabic
- Experience in Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency policies, strategies and implementations
- Excellent command of written and spoken English Language. French language is a plus.
- Excellent data and information analysis skills in the Energy field specifically Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Effective communications and teamwork skills especially within Arab and International teams
- Presentation Skills
- Demonstrate initiative, problem-solving and flexibility to deal with urgent assignments and conflicts
3- Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and execute all the Energy Department’s activities in the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency files
- Manage and monitor the Energy Department’s projects in coordination with the member states of the Arab League and develop them according to Arab, Regional and International needs
- Communicate with all governmental and non-governmental organizations and multinational committees to carry out specific tasks and gather Energy related data especially Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Prepare for the Energy Department’s meetings, workshops and conferences, and including all necessary documents
- Represent the Energy department in Regional and International Events if needed.
- Responsible for writing the Department’s technical and administrative reports
The expert submits reports to the Director of the Energy Department, Economic Sector at the League of Arab States’ General Secretariat
Please submit your application to email@example.com no later than 20 March, 2017. Please attach:
- Detailed CV
- A covering letter highlighting relevant work experience, expected package and indicating motivation
Please indicate in Message Subject: Expert of RE and EE division
Emails without a subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.