Call for Candidatures to the 9th round of the Arab Program for Sustainable Energy Youth
Position: RCREEE Intern
Duty Station: Cairo, Egypt
Duration: 6 Month
Application deadline: August 31, 2017
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices in the Arab region. RCREEE teams with regional governments and global organizations to initiate and lead clean energy policy dialogues, strategies, technologies and capacity development in order to increase Arab states’ share of tomorrow’s energy.
Having today 17 Arab countries among its members, RCREEE strives to lead renewable energy and energy efficiency initiatives and expertise in all Arab states based on five core strategic impact areas: facts and figures, policies, people, institutions, and finance.
For information on RCREEE and its activities, please visit http://www.rcreee.org
Arab Program for Sustainable Energy Youth (APSEY)
RCREEE, in cooperation with the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) offers recent graduates 6 internship opportunities at its regional headquarters in Cairo. The selected interns should be prepared to relocate to Cairo and work in a fast-paced team environment. Interns will complete the internship period having gained a broad experience in renewable energy, energy efficiency, and regional cooperation fields. Among the activities to be carried out during the 6 months are:
- Hands-on training on data mining, research and analysis skills through direct involvement in RCREEE regional and country level research and analysis tools activities
- Placement in RCREEE projects under the supervision of Program Managers and Senior Experts
- Technical training courses by leading regional technical experts from the region
- Soft skills training courses (communication skills, leadership and project management, business and technical writing)
- Attending relevant regional workshops and/or Exchange mission with other young professionals to collaborate on running projects
- Periodic evaluation and feedback
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected candidates will work under the supervision of RCREEE technical team in any of the following areas:
- Research and analysis on renewable energy and energy efficiency trends and technologies in the Arab States
- Engage in project support and implementation in the fields of policy, institutional development, facts/figures, finance and private investments promotion relevant to RE/EE.
- Engage in RCREEE’s business development activities.
- Recent graduate of: Engineering, Environmental Studies, Economics, Political Science, international law or Business Administration
- Being enrolled in or a holder of a relevant Master’s Degree is a plus
- Previous experience in the field of sustainable energy and similar developmental projects is a plus
- Fluency in Arabic and one of the two languages; English or French, is a must
- Enthusiastic about the role of RCREEE and renewable energy and energy efficiency fields, and ready to learn
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deadlines-oriented
- Internet and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency is required
General Terms and Conditions
- The internship program operates on a remunerative basis. For interns from countries other than the host country, travel arrangements are the responsibility of RCREEE
- Non-Egyptian interns will receive a monthly amount equivalent to 600 Euros to cover accommodation and living expenses.
- It is the responsibility of the intern to arrange for his/her accommodation. RCREEE provides selected interns with a list of brokers’ contacts.
- Egyptian interns will receive a monthly amount equivalent to 300 Euros
- Medical Insurance is the sole responsibility of the intern
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send the following to our email address email@example.com:
- Filled application form (Click to download)
- Updated CV
- A one page motivation letter
Subject Line: APSEY Program
Deadline: August 31, 2017
NOTE: All application items must be submitted as a complete package. Applications missing any of the three required items will not be reviewed.
For more information, please visit our APSEY page. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted